Experienced Rear End Accident Lawyer Serving New Caney
A rear end collision is when a car crashes into the car in front of it. Rear end accidents are often caused by driver inattention or driver distraction. Even the slightest bump can lead to injuries requiring medical attention and ongoing therapy.
If you were the victim of a rear end collision, call Hernandez Sunosky, LLP at (713) 981-4100 for help. Our rear end accident lawyers serve the New Caney area.
What Should I Do After A Rear End Accident?
No one plans on being involved in a car accident. When one does happen, taking the appropriate steps can mean the difference between receiving compensation for your property damage and personal injuries and the insurance denying your claim. After a rear end accident, do the following:
- Remain at the scene – Texas law requires everyone involved in an accident to remain at or near the scene and ensure everyone who needs medical attention receives it.
- Call the police – It's important to report the accident to the authorities. Officers will arrive to the scene to investigate and prepare an accident report. The accident report can be a critical piece of evidence to help establish the cause and fault of the rear end accident.
- Identify witnesses – Try to gather names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident. These witnesses are often viewed as non-biased parties and their version of the accident can be considered by the insurance company as trustworthy.
- Take photographs – Use your cell phone to take photographs of the property damage, scene of the accident and any of your injuries.
- Seek immediate medical attention – No matter how minor the accident, it's important to be seen by a healthcare professional. A medical evaluation will give you comfort that all your injuries, if any, have been identified and also help provide documentation should you pursue a legal claim. Each day that goes by that you don't receive medical attention risks your health, but also gives ammunition to the insurance company that you weren't hurt as you claim to be.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Rear End Collisions
A rear end collision generates a lot of force, particularly if you were stopped and the rear-ending vehicle was moving. Common injuries in a rear end accident include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
Injuries caused by rear end collisions can result in feeling sore for a few days or weeks or lead to significant injuries requiring extensive medical treatment, therapy and sometimes surgery. Medical bills can pile up and lost time from work can lead to financial stress. Call Hernandez Sunosky, LLP at (713) 981-4100. Our New Caney rear end accident lawyers can help.
Rear End Accident Lawyer Serving New Caney
Our personal injury lawyers are available to help after a rear end accident. Call us today at (713) 981-4100 for help. We don't charge for a consult.